The Media Assistant should possess a general knowledge of advertising and be attuned to all forms of media, including social media. Primary responsibility will be to process all orders for media purchase and reconciliation. Additionally, the Media Assistant will provide administrative support for the media team in the preparation of media plans, reports, and performance analytics.
Roles + Responsibilities
- Demonstrates understanding of each Client business.
- Books orders for all media within an assigned group of clients.
- Maintain media schedules across all clients.
- Coordinates creative asset material delivery information including closing deadlines and specifications.
- Monitors placements in progress by spot checking and negotiating credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Maintains all media placement orders and is responsible for post-performance reporting.
- Tracks media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Collaborates with clients, media partners, media team members and other agency personnel to resolve media billing issues.
- Conducts media research, evaluates data; develops point-of-views; understands various media and their applications against Client strategies/goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Industry experience required, preferably at a media company or advertising agency.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, particularly in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work independently and to collaborate with media buyers and planners as well as client service and accounting teams.
- Critical thinking required to excel in this position.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong writing ability in the form of emails, point-of-views, metrics reports and client presentations.
- Computer proficiency; MS Office including MS Outlook. This position will also regularly use media buying and media research specific software.